A silent install is needed for Starnet.
- Starnet application downloaded. If you have not downloaded it yet, please click the link to download it. https://info.costarvideo.com/starnet-vms
- A silent install is common to use if the IT department plans on adding the Starnet software to their catalog of programs that are installed on a new PC.
- The silent install will possibly generate one prompt (depends on Window settings) and install the Starnet software in the background.
Here is how to silently install Starnet:
- Locate the Starnet zipped file that you previously downloaded. Right-click on it and select Extract All.
- Make sure the box for "Show extracted files when complete" is checked and click Extract.
- When the file is done extracting a new window will open. Double click on the StarNETxxx folder.
- Click one time in the navigation bar to highlight the address.
- Right-click on the highlighted address and select Copy.
- Click the Windows logo at the bottom left of the Desktop. A new menu will appear.
- Type "cmd" in the search bar and press enter.
- The command prompt will open. Type. "cd". Press the space bar once to create 1 space and then right-click on your mouse to the right of the "cd". Press enter.
- Type "setup.exe/quiet" and press enter.
- A User Account Control box will open. Click Yes. If no box populates please skip this step.
The software will start loading in the background. When the software is done loading, A Starnet icon will be placed on the desktop of the PC.