Putting new drives into the recorder and wanting to set up RAID 1 redundancy.
- Hard disks must have the same capacity and be the same model number.
- The drives installed into the recorder.
- If using the drives already being used in the recorder. Creating a Mirror will wipe all data off of them. Please make sure there is no data needed off these disks before proceeding.
- You have to be in front of the recorder in order to set this up. Move your mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen and select Setup.
- Click on System and then Storage.
- This menu is broken up into 2 tables. The bottom table is for Mirroring. Click the Setup column for the No. line that you would like to configure.
- A new window will appear. In the drop-down select Mirror and click OK. Note: Once you click OK the 2 drives will start the formatting process erasing all data from the drives.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until all the drives are completed.
- Click OK at the bottom and then Save.
- Power cycle the Recorder by navigating to System and the General. Click System Shutdown.
- A count-down prompt will open. Pull the power plug when the message asks you to.
- Wait 10 seconds and plug the recorder back into power.
The drives are now in RAID one. To verify you can go back to Setup>System>Storage and see that the Information should be Mirroring in the bottom table and the top table will only have half the total drives installed listed.